Joel’s rookie campaign in the GB3 Championship proved highly successful, ultimately netting him second place in the final standings. In many areas, however, he was the standout performer in 2022 – as this statistical rundown confirms.
With 24 drivers featuring in the GB3 Championship this season, grid numbers were at their strongest in many years. Once the dust had settled after eight rounds and 24 races, Joel came out on top of the following statistics, underpinning a versatile campaign of consistency, outright pace and race craft:
- Best qualifying average position (2,63)
- Most points scored at single event (89, Silverstone II)
- Most places gained in reverse-grid races (59)
- Most places gained in a single race (15, Silverstone*)
- Top non-Brit in the championship
* Tied with Luke Browning and Callum Voisin
For more on Joel’s season in Britain’s leading single-seater series, please click here.